Total Pageviews

My family

Embrace Today By: K. Wilhelmina Floria

Tears of happiness shall fall,
listen close for your destination call.

A river of tranquility flows through life.

Ride out the eye of the storm, pass the strife.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm tired and need rest.

As I predicted. It was a long day.  I picked up my medication, but will need my steroids, potassium and  Metropol (BP medication) around the 7th.  I called the new doctor and asked if they can push my date up so I have an appointment on the 1st.  I choose a cardiologist to be my primary since my mother had a bad heart.  And also because of the possible pulmonary hypertension. I don't know why I think these new doctors are going to find the right cocktail to make me feel better.  I am excited and have hope.

I got home about 10 am.  I read the paper, checked my emails and watched the repeats of last seasons' Greys' Anatomy.  Last year I would fall asleep on them so I'm glad I'm getting to see these repeats.  I plan to tape them with the DVR this season.  I really like this show, it's been a long time since I found a show I couldn't wait to see.  Oh, I did take an hour nap while waiting for Grey's to come on.  I was hungry but I had no energy to fix anything, not even a sandwich. I told my mate I was tired, but she doesn't understand.  She had a few friends who had lupus, so she believes she knows what I'm going through.  I can't tell her different, because she doesn't hear when she has it in her head that she knows, what she knows.  She doesn't know that lupus effects each person differently.

She did hear that I was more tired then hungry and fryed some chicken, I know, but it's so good.  She heated  a sweet potatoe and some Kale for me.  I ate a lot of the kale.  That compansates for the chicken.   She does take good care of me and that's what counts.  Later I'm going to have a piece of cake with vanilla ice cream on it and drink a can of green tea ginger ale. If I muster the energy.

For now I'm going to lay down and watch TV which I'm sure will end up watching me. I'm going to try and rest. I need it.  I am going to try and stay in bed all day tomorrow.

I will share more of my life soon. for now I need rest.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your blog. I have a best friend who also suffers from lupus as well as fibromyalgia, and it breaks my heart to know she is suffering and there's nothing I can really do but listen and try to understand. It hurts worse that we live 24 hours away from each other...I wish I could be there to help her every day with her children and her housework. :( My heart goes out to you. Keep sharing your story, it needs to be told. People have no idea how horrible this disease is and how badly it effects it's hosts as well as their loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffer from Lupus and I feel your pain. Lupus has caused damage to the nerves in my autonomic nervous system causing an array of problems with heart rate, blood pressure (hypotension), circulation problems, and other problems that are too personal too mention. I like reading your blog not because misery loves company, but because up until now I thought I was the only one who felt this way as I am writing this at 2:16 am and have been unable to sleep all night since July 25, 2010 since the Lupus has caused me cardiac problems. I am only 34 years old and everyday is a challenge. I am so tired all the time and when the Lupus reared it's ugly head and reaked havoc on my body I only had 8 weeks of nursing school left and I am a single mother of 4 year old twins and an 11 year old son. God bless you. You are an inspriation to us all on your good days and not-so-good days. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain literally. Doctors told me as I get older the lupus will get worse. It has. I am so tired and have not felt so much pain even after having 2 C-sections. I have 2 children who demand a great deal from me and feel so guilty when I just can't get up. But most days I push myself because my daughter has cerebral palsy and I have to take care of her. I am thankful this is not worse. I am still able to work and get my kids to school and their activities. Remember, You are not alone. Keep fighting.

    ReplyDelete

Embrace today.