Total Pageviews

My family

Embrace Today By: K. Wilhelmina Floria

Tears of happiness shall fall,
listen close for your destination call.

A river of tranquility flows through life.

Ride out the eye of the storm, pass the strife.


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The begining of Mr. 23 years

I was sitting on the front steps on a June evening, smoking and taking my my braids out in 1981.  He was walking by.  He passed a few days ago and told me he hadn't seen me in a long time. He told me I put on weight but carried it well.  This time he told me I was too pretty to be outside with my hair undone.  I asked him where did I know him from and he said from right there.  He took my questioning him as an invitation to join me.  He said he's watched me for years, bidding his time. I was impressed that he claimed to be attracted to me for years.  I was going to a party that night and asked if he wanted to come.

I went to get dressed and put the my babies to bed.  I went to sit outside to enjoy the cool June evening. He came by again and sat with  me. Smoking my Virgina Slims and selling me his dreams.  He said he sold Chopper, Sergio Valenti, and other designer jeans.  He was cool, caring a flat zipper bag, and wearing a Kangoo hat cocked to the side and bright white Adidas.   He took me out on Brooklyn/Queens day, originally he said he would be taking me to Flushing Meadow Park.  Instead he took me to see a Cheech and Chong movie on 42nd St.  He had a new item he was selling, it was called a Sony Walkman.  Once you put the headphones on you couldn't hear anything but the music in your head.  The music was clear and surround sound.  In order for him to talk to me he pressed a button for the mic and I heard his voice in my head.  We walked to Brick Town where he showed me off to all the old gangsters, then caught a cab into the city.  I was impressed. Once we got into Manhattan he brought 2 tall cans of Budweiser's, that he put in his pants and a bag of reefer. We went into the theater, drank beer and smoked a joint.  Back then you could smoke in the movies and we smoked everything, cigarettes and refeer.  When the movie was over he pressed the mic on the headphones and told me he lived up the block, but he took me to the train station and then home where he kissed me quickly and left. The next day he called and asked me if I had a PHD.  I didn't have a clue as to what he meant.  He called me all day and filled my head with so much pretty words that I couldn't think straight.  I was open big time and it took 23 years to wake up from the trans he put on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embrace today.