Total Pageviews

My family

Embrace Today By: K. Wilhelmina Floria

Tears of happiness shall fall,
listen close for your destination call.

A river of tranquility flows through life.

Ride out the eye of the storm, pass the strife.


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day Five- I was Gooood!

Day Five- I was Gooood!




After my 3 am toss and turn and few line post I woke up at 8 am. I feel pretty good today. My mate is being nice. I only got yelled at once, because I suggested a word. I know I know I annoy her. I try not to say anything but I just keep opening my mouth. You see she's perfect and if you say something wrong then damn you and that's my problem. But forget it. This isn't a relationship blog.



I was thinking about my life, they say when you're dying your whole life passes by you. I didn't go to college but I entered the working world when a High School diploma was sufficient. I was successful as far as employment went and I made a lot of money. I just didn't save and I had an addict for a man. I would give him money to hustle by reselling wholesale shit. That left me always behind on bills. I was smart and worked my way up into better paying positions. If I was only smart with my personal life I could be financially secure today. I cashed in a $40,000. 401k I withdrew my money from my NY life insurance. I was making $2000 a month back in late 1980s'. Granted I was stealing money, I think it's called embezzling.



That job was great, I have the best health insurance, 11 paid holidays, 4 weeks paid vacation, we could accrue 2 weeks paid sick leave. It was a good thing. The boss was skimming and just about all of us that worked there. The IGs' came in. They seized all our records and questioned us one by one in their office. I was sweating my hands were dirty. I had children and I was to pretty to go to jail and be Berthas' bitch! The IGs' couldn't find anything but the following year the agency lost funding. When my mother died, the funeral home needed a deposit to start the arrangements. My brother was able to get a check from one of his policies, but getting it cashed was an issue. I took my brother to my bank and went to the president of the branch without being stopped. The president took the check and cashed it with no questions asked. My brother was impressed. Years ago when I was a teenager, cutting school, getting high and having reckless sex, he called me a fuck up. So I was proud that my brother was impressed.



I got another job after that in homecare, with my experience I was offered an office managers' position in another agency, and moved up to be an Assistant Administrator of 3 NYC branch offices. I was good. I increased the clientele, implemented policies. I even fired employees that shook my hand and thanked me after I took their paychecks away from them. I use to go to unemployment hearings and disability hearings and win cases. This is hard to do. I was a tyrant yet fair with my employees. I was good I was on top of my game. I was always available to my staff, very rarely was I late. I hired this person for marketing and she wanted my job, she feed the administration lies and they fired me. The first time I was a victim of discrimination.



When I was offered the Administration position I was also called by the US Postal service. I took the Admin position. Funny when I was unemployed for over a year, well I was working off the books, I got another Home care position, but it wasn't for me and I was last hired first fired when they moved into the Empire State Building on 34th St. They needed my salary to help pay that rent. Anyway I got a job through Manpower in the Postal service. I earned $25 hour and time and a half for over time, which during Christmas came up to almost 8 to 10 hours a week, plus, health coverage. When that contract ended the postal service hired me as a casual. I was working in the testing and hiring unit. I was responsible in completing this investigation paper work. It had to be perfect. The USPS would be fined for every mistake. I reduced the mistakes and was responsible for all the form and I was a temp worker.



Could you imagine what I could have done had I gotten a degree? I went to business schools. I attended meetings to negotiate deals. I listened I learned the business language and excelled.



It's funny I wanted to stay home and write. Now that I'm home and can write I miss working. I wouldn't mind going back to work, but this lupus keeps me in fuzz. Sometimes I can't even remember a word to complete a sentence.



Now you must be wondering I made all this money working where is it. I'll reveal this in the blogs to follow.



Today I went to Staples and racked up on school supplies for the grandkids. They are all set. I feel good when I take care of my babies.

Thanks to those who have been reading. Revealing al this about myself seems to be cleansing. I'm feeling good. Like A burden is being lifted. I can take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Embrace today.