Total Pageviews

My family

Embrace Today By: K. Wilhelmina Floria

Tears of happiness shall fall,
listen close for your destination call.

A river of tranquility flows through life.

Ride out the eye of the storm, pass the strife.


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Doctor Sensitivity Course


I came to your office to find answers for the ills that ail me.  First of all I’m not a statistic, I’m a live specimen. I am scared, anxious and don’t know all the technical terms, not even sure how to pronounce most of them anyway. I don’t know the names of all the tests I’ve taken, you see it was another doctor who ordered them and they spoke doctor language too. Remember I didn’t go to medical school; in fact I wasn’t even that good in biology or chemistry. So speak to me in the language I speak.  I am not an imbecile; I’m trying to understand my illness. 
I have questions, to you they may be stupid or insignificant, but to me they are very important.  So please don’t talk down to me or display loathing, I have feelings you know.
And another thing this appointment was made several weeks ago. You could have been prepared to meet me.  Was it too hard to review my records from our last visit the afternoon before my appointment or this morning before your patients began to arrive?  I mean this way you would be familiar with my case. My time is important, just like yours, you know.
Before you diagnosis or undiagnosed a patient, get your facts in order. Do you know how stressful is to wait for a call or worst for the next visit that may be weeks away? First the anxiety comes, that leads to depression and then I’m sick with worry.  I want to know what is wrong. I want to know if it isn’t what I was originally diagnosed with, then why am I feeling the way I am. What is that I have, why am I taking all these drugs to treat something I don’t have? Worst you speculate, order test and now I have to wait to know what is wrong and to be treatment. Until you know for sure what is wrong with me, keep your mouth shut.
Do not pretend to care after you displayed your bitch personality.  I know a phony.  There is a whole network of doctors out there.  I can drop you and find another in a minute, I can write the American Medical Association about you. I can rate you on http://www.healthgrades.com/  or http://www.healthgrades.com/ .
I want to trust you and feel comfortable enough to ask you anything about my health, progress and treatment.  Keep this in mind as you practice medicine; treat your patients with respect, kindness and most of all compassion. Hear what I have to say, don’t get disgusted if I get the terminology wrong, or phrase the question incorrectly. I am not a doctor I am a sick person looking to you for answers for this frightening phase in my life.
I don’t think this is too much to ask.  Does anyone else have any subjects that need to be added?

1 comment:

  1. Well said girlfriend! You put into words what I think!

    ReplyDelete

Embrace today.